Monday, September 22, 2008

Best Pizza--Tutto Pizza/ Tutto Pasta

On a streetcorner on Coral Way, right before the the I-95 overpass, one of the best pizza places in Miami sits inconspicuously under orange awnings. Tutto Pizza and its sister restaurant, Tutto Pasta, have never failed to satisfy me or anyone I have taken there. You can get great appetizers, pasta, pizza, and desserts, all served up by friendly and professional waitstaff. We appreciate not only the food, but the whole dining experience.

I like to sit outside when it's not too hot, but the dining room is equally nice, with comfortable, casual yet elegant decor. For appetizers, my husband and I like the salmon carpaccio, or if you are really hungry, the antipasti plate, which comes with fresh mozzarella, olives, roasted red peppers, sundried tomatos, and several Italian cured meats. It's a great, fresh start to the meal.

The pizza is traditional brick oven pizza, with a nice crispy crust, and innovative toppings. One pie easily satisfies two people. Our favorites are the Quatro Formagio, Popeye (with goat cheese, spinach, and sundried tomatoes), and the Superman (with fresh arugula and prosciutto). You can split your pizza in half so you get two types on one pie. The menu also includes paninis and salads.

To satisfy my sweet tooth, I love to end with the hot, gooey-on-the-inside chocolate souffle with an espresso (David prefers the Tiramisu).

We have eaten pasta there a couple of times as well, and the pumpkin ravioli I had were great--just the right balance of salty and sweet.

Both of us can eat a pizza with an appetizer, dessert and espresso for about $60.00, a real bargain for the quality of the food and service. Tutto is one of our favorite restaurants, and we have never been disappointed. I just read on their website that the owner is working on a new bistro, Zucchero, and I can't wait to see what it offers.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was very good...thanks for taking me there!

    ReplyDelete