Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A gradual student no longer

This Friday I will walk in my graduation ceremony and say goodbye to being a graduate student. I feel no sense of sadness or nostalgia that this period of my life is over, rather I am SO GLAD TO FINALLY BE DONE!!!

I think this is how most of us crazy people feel when we finally finish.

Now I can move on to other exciting, life-changing experiences, like my big delivery in late February. This one should be a very positive change, albeit challenging. I have to say, I really can't wait for the little guy to get here. And that's not just because my feet are swollen up like tree stumps and I can't stand up without groaning. I genuinely can't wait to meet him.

In the meantime, I am busy with my new job. We have so many projects going that it's hard for me to focus. My organizational skills are definitely being put to the test.

And of course the holiday season never leaves much room for effective time management. I am sitting in my office right now thinking about getting up and walking over to the pole barn where the TREC Christmas party is about to begin. I am on the social committee, you see, and have the responsibility of helping set all the food out. We actually have a beautiful spread, with turkeys, a ham, and of course, some pork leg (this is Miami after all, and no party is complete without some pork. But I can relate. After all, I am from Iowa.)

So I hope to be better about posting now that all the craziness is over. And I can actually see humor in life again.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray, Tara!

    I am so proud of you, and SO EXCITED about your 'big delivery' in February. I can't wait to get back to the US and see your family again. I will be thinking of you from this side of the world!

    To answer the question that you left on my blog post: Yes, I'm ALMOST positive that I want to keep doing grad school, though if any of my applications pan out I'm hoping I can defer for a year and spend at least that little time outside of school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Tara! I always knew you'd breeze right through. I know how you feel, it's been a fully year, but I'm still so happy it's over!

    ReplyDelete