Sunday, November 16, 2008

The daily grind

I went to the dentist last week for a teeth cleaning. I told Dr. K about my filling having cracked. He took a look and pronounced I was grinding my teeth, and had little holes in the enamel of my molars. He actually showed them to me in a mirror. He offered to make a mouth guard for me to wear when I am sleeping, which turned out to cost $300, so I think I will settle for one of the ones you can buy at a sporting goods store. I will go to bed every night looking like I'm about to step into the ring.

The problem is, I think I am grinding my teeth all day long. At work? yes. Driving? yes, most definitely. Whenever I have to drive in heavy traffic, my jaw is sore by the time I get home. So really, I am going to have to figure out how to relax. It's not so easy to do when surround by the hustle and bustle of a large city, when you are hardly ever alone, and peace and quiet is as hard to find as random acts of kindness.

Why is everybody so stressed out here? Why is everyone in a hurry all the time?

I hope when I move out of Miami I will still have all of my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment