Monday, November 24, 2008

Miscellania

A few things I've discovered this past week...

A blog worth reading...
Burnettiquette, a blog by James Burnett of the Miami Herald. He's funny and insightful at the same time (a difficult balance). I've posted a link on my favorite blog menu.

Young at heart...
David will never lose his inner child, which keeps us both young at heart. We were at Target looking for a new vacuum. It was a weeknight, and we were both tired after another long day. I stopped to "aww" over some Winnie the Pooh baby sweaters with a Christmas theme...perfect for our new little nephew. David grumbled that he didn't want to spend all night at Target, he still had things to do that night. And off he marched in the directions of household appliances. After sighing over tiny socks and pants for a minute more, I set off to meet him at the vacuums.

I was passing the toy section, where I noticed David standing in front of Tickle me Elmo, mesmerized, the toy's squeaky voice laughing hysterically and screaming, "Again! Again!".

I couldn't help but laugh while I said, "Did you still want to look at vacuums?"

(In David's defense, Tickle Me Elmo has evolved into quite a captivating little toy. Check out this video of the little critter, you will not believe what he can do these days! He's a maniac!)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Elmo has been up to some pretty unbelievable stuff. And of course, it all happened in Florida.

    ReplyDelete